Tool Report – Level 2 Sample Unit
This unit includes hyperlinks to related support material and is best viewed online.
In Tool Report students focus on designing a tool that will make their lives easier. The assessment task requires them to write a report explaining the details and intent of their design. During the task students are assessed on their ability to:
- select content for a report (English)
- relate simple information with the aid of ICT for a specific audience (Information and Communications Technology)
- evaluate teamwork (Interpersonal Development).
This task also includes learning experiences related to the domains of Design, Creativity and Technology, although there are no standards at Level 2 in this domain.
For further information see the Victorian Essential Learning Standards section.
Teaching and Learning
The activities associated with this assessment task include:
- identifying and classifying tools found in the classroom and at home
- designing a tool that could make life easier
- writing and formatting an electronic report.
For further information see the Teaching, learning and assessment activities section.
Suggested duration: 4 sessions (50−60 minutes duration).