The Humanities - Geography Assessment Map
The annotated student work samples in this assessment map illustrate typical achievement in the Geography domain.
The work samples are typical of the work produced by Victorian students in response to assessment tasks linked to specific elements of the standards and annotated to help answer the initial question: ‘What does work at this standard look like?’ The work samples are not intended to show the full range of student achievement or achievement of all elements of a standard.
Each work sample is presented in a similar format and includes:
- a description of the context for the task from which the work sample was derived
- details of the relevant elements of the standards addressed by the task
- where relevant, a copy or description of any stimulus material or worksheets provided to students
- responses students typically produce when they are working at the standard
- annotations that identify attributes of the student work linked to a standard.