Teachers are responsible for planning and implementing the curriculum for their students. Within teaching and learning environments, teachers aim to meet the needs and goals of all students through developing an appropriate curriculum that is referenced against the standards.
When planning teaching and learning programs, teachers:
- collaborate with the student, parent/guardian/carer, education and health professionals to develop criteria for agreed understandings and responses about a student’s behaviours, needs, communication skills, learning styles and preferences
- allow for teaching and learning strategies to be adapted according to a student’s background experiences, individual personality and individual goals
- provide opportunities for students to develop knowledge, skills and behaviours in a range of domains and contexts
- develop an age-appropriate curriculum that includes PSG goals
- allow all students to participate in classroom activities with other students.